We all know that Santa Claus and his red-nose reindeer Rudolf are best buddies. Santa can’t be able to embark on his journey to deliver gifts across the world without the help of Rudolf. But what if the two buddies become enemies after Rudolf snatches Santa’s hat? What would be the scenario if Santa chases Rudolf to take back his hat? Referee this face-off in Santa vs. Rudolf by NetEnt Gaming and get your hands on rewards and gifts.
Free to Play Demo
|Game:||Santa vs. Rudolf|
|Reels x Rows:||5×3|
|Feature Hit Frequency:||N/A|
|Features:||Pick Objects, Bothway, FreeSpins, Random Wilds / Additional Wilds, Respins, Scatter symbols, Sticky Wilds, Wild|
|Game Release Date:||2019-11-27|
Santa vs. Rudolf by NetEnt Gaming
Santa Claus is one of the most remarkable fictional characters of Christmas. Many children all over the world love him because they believe that he grants the Christmas wishes of obedient kids. He has a buddy in the character of Rudolf, his red-nose reindeer that helps him do his work of delivering gifts. But NetEnt came up with a video slot quite the opposite of the relationship between these two fictional Christmas characters.
Santa vs. Rudolf is about the “little quarrel” between the two when the reindeer snatched Santa’s hat and hid it. You can help Santa get his hat back on desktop or mobile from 0.20 to 100 credits per spin. The game has medium to high volatility with an RTP of 96.35%.
After loading the game, you go straight to Santa’s cabin in his winter wonderland. Rudolf, leaning on the porch, is grinning at him as he’s wearing Santa’s hat. They will come head-to-head on the reels as the Walking Wilds to trigger the Free Spins when they clash.
Visually and audibly wise, Santa vs. Rudolf is loaded with so much narrative and personality, and they are all reflected in the sound and graphics! This game is created with festive graphics and a snowy setting of the North Pole. The background music will put you in the mood that you want to wish for a whole year’s celebration of Christmas.
Santa vs. Rudolf is a hilarious reel ride with many game features that help you win big prizes.
Paytable & Paylines
Since Santa vs. Rudolf depicts Christmas, you can anticipate the merry and comical theme and symbols. It is a video slot with five reels, three rows, and 20 fixed paylines. Winnings can get in both ways for 3 to 5 symbols on a line from left to right and from right to left.
NetEnt developed a comic book style with many contrasts and simple, fun, goofy graphics. The game’s high-paying symbols are depicted by the more festive graphics, including a sleigh, ribbon-tied gift parcels, a snow globe, a collar, and a letter to Santa neatly tied. In contrast, low-paying symbols are illustrated by the classic royals crafted out of sugar candy.
Rudolf and Santa are the Walking Wilds symbols. They only appear in the base game on reels 1 and 5, while they can land on any reel in the Free Spins. Both Wilds perform the usual substitution duties. There are no scatters on this slot.
The Santa vs Rudolf slot’s story is the exact opposite of the real relationship between these 2 fictional characters. They became wild and ready to fight each other after Rudolf snatched Santa’s hat and tried to hide from him.
To depict the “fight” of Santa vs Rudolf, this slot offers many game features and helps the players get prizes as high as the snowy mountain.
You can take advantage of the following game features:
- Wild substitutions: Wild Symbols appear on reels 1 and 5 in the main game and all reels during Free Spins. Wild symbols substitute for all symbols. Wilds that shift horizontally during Re-Spins are called “Walking Wilds.”
- Re-Spins: After a Wild symbol appears on the reels and all wins are awarded for that spin, each Wild moves one place horizontally on the reels, and you’ll be rewarded a Re-Spin.
- Free Spins: It activates when a Santa Wild and a Rudolf Wild are in the same position on the reels, and the Wilds will lock into that position and merge. Any potential bet line wins are awarded at the end of the current spin and after.
- Rudolf Spins: It consists of 3 spins where 5 randomly placed Reindeer Wilds appear on the reels. During this bonus feature, the 5 Reindeer Wilds will appear in random positions for each spin. During the Rudolf Spins, no Wilds are on the reel set before the 5 random Reindeer Wilds appear on the reels.
- Santa’s Gifts: There are 3 item sets where players tap on 1 of 5 items to reveal their prize. The 5 items a player chooses from in each set are 3 coin wins of various amounts, 1 multiplier increase, and 1 end-of-stage item.
When a player picks a coin to win, it is added to their running coin total for Santa’s Gifts. The player can have another pick from the remaining items in the current set.
Conclusion & verdict
Santa vs. Rudolph by NetEnt Gaming is reminiscent of early 2000s child game graphics. This Christmas-themed slot game has playful visuals and a catchy tune that will have you smiling while playing, regardless of the outcome.
In terms of gameplay, the 5×3 reels have 20 paylines that work both ways with a medium to high volatility and RTP of 96.35%. It also comes with a handful of special features in its bag of presents. The more notable ones are the walking wilds that move horizontally, triggering respins, and the pick’em bonus game called Santa’s gift that can award players with cash prizes, multipliers up to 4x, or if you’re unlucky, Santa’s hat, which ends the pick’em game.
Overall, Santa vs. Rudolph by NetEnt Gaming offers a goofy and cartoonish take on a Christmas-themed slot game which is imaginative of them. The added surprises that the bonus features give will attract players looking for a thrilling and challenging slot gaming experience.
Rating by 1001spins.com